If you are new to the area, or looking for a church home…
If you crave a reflective pause, a sanctuary for your spirit…
If you are seeking a safe and caring environment for your children, a creative Faith Formation program, or a place to nurture your own spiritual life…
You are most welcome to join us on Sunday morning for worship!
No matter where you are on your life’s journey and no matter what your faith background is or has been, East Church extends a warm welcome, inviting all of God’s children to share in our common life.
There are many ways to share in our Worship Experience!
- Worship with us Sunday mornings a 10:00 A.M. EST
- It is currently offered in a hybrid model: in-person, online interactively via the Zoom streaming platform, and streaming on YouTube.
- If you choose to participate virtually via Zoom, please request login information from the church office: email@example.com or call (617) 698-0270.
- The current weeks’ bulletin (order of worship) can be viewed online here.
- If you can participate in-person, our mask policy follows the CDC Status Report for Norfolk County. If it’s red we’ll be masked. Below red it’s at your discretion, but you will find that many of us wear masks out of courtesy to others.
- Pastor Shelly’s sermons are archived in audio format on this website
- You may watch Sunday morning services live and view archived services at the Church’s YouTube channel here.
East Congregational Church, UCC is an Open and Affirming Congregation in the United Church of Christ. (The phrase “Open and Affirming” is church-speak. Roughly translated, it means we provide a safe sanctuary, open to and affirming of all people; East Church explicitly extends a welcome to all regardless of race, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Learn more about what we mean by Open and Affirming here.)
We are a vibrant community of faith that strives to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. East Church welcomes the spiritual pilgrim. Our congregation includes people from a variety of backgrounds and faith traditions. From this diversity we believe we gain a greater understanding of the way God is present in our lives. Together we walk this journey of faith, listening for the voice of our Still Speaking God. As followers of Jesus Christ, we believe that we can make a difference in the lives of people and in our world through the transforming power of the Gospel. Through engaging worship and study, we continue to grow in the Spirit and live our faith, building and serving community.
We have entered the post-Pentecost Church Season. Learn more about the “seasons” in the Christian calendar here.
Reading Changes Lives “Trick or Treat for Books”
In conjunction with the East Milton Merchants Association’s Halloween Stroll, East Church’s Reading Changes Lives literacy initiative will once again set up a display on the church lawn and offer a free book to every child who stops by!
Saturday, October 28
A Year in Review
A lot happens at East Church in a year! This video compresses 365 days into 4.5 minutes:
Are you new to the United Church of Christ?
If you’re not familiar with this progressive Protestant denomination, you might wish to visit the Southern New England Conferences of the UCC website.
Recently established, SNEUCC consolidates several individual state conferences into one, more efficient organization.