Welcome to the East Church Community…
No matter where you are on your journey and no matter what your faith background is or has been, East Church extends a warm welcome, inviting all of God’s children to share in our common life.
If you are new to the area, or looking for a church home…
If you are seeking a safe and caring environment for your children, a creative Christian Education program, or a place to nurture your own spiritual life…
You are most welcome to join us on Sunday morning for worship!
East Congregational Church, UCC is an Open and Affirming Congregation in the United Church of Christ. We are a vibrant community of faith that strives to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. East Church welcomes the spiritual pilgrim and our congregation includes people from a variety of backgrounds and faith traditions. From this diversity we believe we gain a greater understanding of the way God is present in our lives. Together we walk this journey of faith, listening for the voice of our Still Speaking God. As followers of Jesus Christ, we believe that we can make a difference in the lives of people and in our world through the transforming power of the Gospel. Through engaging worship and study, we continue to grow in the Spirit and live our faith, building and serving community.
East Church adopted as its 2014-2015 theme the vision expressed above:
“Boldly Seeking and Bravely Doing God’s New Thing.”
We’re in the season of Lent. Learn what that means.
Our previous week’s worship service may be viewed on Milton’s cable station (channel 11) at 10:00 AM on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings. (This has been known to change, so you might wish to consult the Milton Access TV listing page.)
The current week’s Worship Bulletin is available here.
Are you new to the Massachusetts Conference of the UCC?
If you’re new to the Mass. Conference, or just want to learn more, check out the newly updated "Welcome" section of the the MACUCC website: www.macucc.org/welcome
East Church’s Kitchen Supports a Local Small Business
Bushel + Crumb offers “local food” enthusiasts a monthly subscription of savory and sweet pies, featuring locally grown fruits, vegetables, dairy and grain products. And they are baking their product in East Church’s recently renovated kitchen!
Click to learn more about Bushel + Crumb and how you can sign up for pie shares.
News from the Massachusetts Conference of the United Church of Christ:
- Read the weekly Mass. Conference of the UCC (MACUCC) Newsletter.
- MA Conference churches reach out to immigrant children
- Is your church longing for racial reconciliation this Lent?
- Health care company targeted in cyber attack; MACUCC members do not appear to be impacted
- Elaine Brouillard honored for Israel Palestine human rights work
- Young Adult Service Communities: Transform Your Life!
- Legislative Action Day 2015: Speak for the Homeless
- A Christmas message to the churches and members of the Massachusetts Conference
- Unaccompanied Homeless Youth Bill Passes State House
- UCC Leaders Applaud President Obama's "Immigrant Accountability Executive Action"
- Forum: A Migrant's Journey