Welcome to the East Church Community…
No matter where you are on your life’s journey and no matter what your faith background is or has been, East Church extends a warm welcome, inviting all of God’s children to share in our common life.
There are many ways to share in our Worship Experience!
- Our live Sunday morning worship service starts at 10:00 A.M.
- It is currently offered in a hybrid model: both in-person and remote via the Zoom streaming platform.
- If you choose to participate virtually, please request login information from the church office: or call (617) 698-0270.
- If you can participate in person, our mask policy follows the CDC Status Report for Norfolk County. If it’s red we’ll be masked. Below red it’s at your discretion, but you will find that most of us wear masks out of courtesy to others.
- The current week’s Worship Bulletin is available here.
If you are new to the area, or looking for a church home…
If you are seeking a safe and caring environment for your children, a creative Christian Education program, or a place to nurture your own spiritual life…
You are most welcome to join us on Sunday morning for worship!
East Congregational Church, UCC is an Open and Affirming Congregation in the United Church of Christ. (The phrase “Open and Affirming” is church-speak. Roughly translated, it means we provide a safe sanctuary, open to and affirming of all people; East Church explicitly extends a welcome to all regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or sexual orientation. Learn more about what we mean by Open and Affirming here.) We are a vibrant community of faith that strives to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. East Church welcomes the spiritual pilgrim and our congregation includes people from a variety of backgrounds and faith traditions. From this diversity we believe we gain a greater understanding of the way God is present in our lives. Together we walk this journey of faith, listening for the voice of our Still Speaking God. As followers of Jesus Christ, we believe that we can make a difference in the lives of people and in our world through the transforming power of the Gospel. Through engaging worship and study, we continue to grow in the Spirit and live our faith, building and serving community.
Stay up to date with East Church
- Visit our Facebook Page
- Follow East Church on Instagram!
- Join our Mailing List for weekly and monthly updates
A Year in Review
A lot happens at East Church in a year!
Get a glimpse of a year at East Church here.
Are you new to the United Church of Christ?
If you’re not familiar with this progressive Protestant denomination, check out the "Welcome" page on the the Mass. Conference of the UCC website: www.macucc.org/welcome
The Southern New England Conferences of the UCC was recently established, consolodating several states' conferences into one, more efficient organization. Get to know the SNEUCC via its new website here.
East Church’s Kitchen Supports a Local Small Business
Bushel + Crumb offers “local food” enthusiasts a monthly subscription of savory and sweet pies, featuring locally grown fruits, vegetables, dairy and grain products. And they are baking their product in East Church’s renovated kitchen!
Click to learn more about Bushel + Crumb and how you can sign up for pie shares.
News from the Southern New England Conferences of the United Church of Christ:
- Here are Five Things to Share This Week.
- Register Now for Clergy Revival Events
- October is Clergy Appreciation Month
- Pilgrim Day Camp Proves to be a Blast!
- Hartford-Area Congregations and Conference Join in Ministry at Pride Festival
- Elizabeth Garrigan-Byerly Promoted to Executive Minister for Area Conference Ministry
- September Environmental Ministry Calendar – and More!
- "Gratitude is Not a Prerequisite for What We Do": Cathedral in the Night - Northampton, MA
- Rev. Chris Davies Called as Executive Minister for Programs and Initiatives
- Strengthen the Church Offering on September 18
- Clergy of Color Find Affinity Group to be Impactful and Meaningful